The Journal of Popular Romance Studies (JPRS) is seeking a Film and Television editor to join our editorial team. This is a volunteer position.
The Journal of Popular Romance Studies is an interdisciplinary journal publishing contributions on the study of popular romance media. We also publish book reviews, notes and queries, special issues, and reports from the classroom that outline techniques and tools, syllabus models, and practical pieces on the teaching of popular romance media and culture.
The Film and Television editor is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and vision for the film and television section of the journal;
- Soliciting essays and shorter notes on the representation of romantic love in film, television, and related digital media (e.g. romantic comedy and melodrama, telenovela, soap opera, reality TV, web series, screen adaptation)
- Evaluating unsolicited contributions on these topics;
- Offering in-house review and guidance on revision for pieces not subject to external peer review;
- Communicating regularly with contributors and the JPRS editorial team;
- Attending editorial team meetings (quarterly) and the twice-yearly Editorial Board meeting;
- Arranging for copyediting and proofing of completed reviews.
Individuals are appointed to all roles at JPRS for a three-year term. Job-sharing between two people is permitted for all roles including this one. We estimate this role would require a commitment of 1-2 hours per week.
Please send any queries along with applications consisting of a covering letter (max 2 pages) and CV (max 3 pages) to Dr Amy Burge at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 July 2022.